Membership

Teamspeak Status

Server Status

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jegerkajisawesome
Wyvern

re: US makes bill to censor the internet

http://knowyourmeme.com/videos/22365-protect-ip-act?fb_comment_id=fbc_10150368366817077_19267830_10150369388817077#f28b01a64

And suddenly, the US thinks that they own the internet and now they want to give corporations the power to shut down whatever the fuck they want if there is just a sliver of copyrighted material on it. 5 years in prison for singing a pop song? Fuck that

We have a similar law in Belgium that forced our main providers to block the Pirate Bay.

So they blocked the subdomains and forgot about the rest ^^. No IP blocking, no TLD-blocking, nada. The longer you keep your gevernment's internet illiteracy high, the better ^^

Oh my provider also got tried for restricting the bandwidth allowed for p2p transfers. They kept the restrictions, but have to mention them in all of their advertisements.

Finally: "China sees wut u did thar, USA!"

The main problem I have with it is that they give corporations the ability to sue a website if they do not accept the level of security. It's ridiculous. As if the corporations weren't abusive enough.

Also, even though this bill probably won't pass, the very idea of it being made disgusts me. This goes directly against the 1st amendment. Silly Americans. The country of freedom, hah.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum